Giving Back to the Community
This tried, tested and true statement is one that Bric Vacation Rentals has incorporated into the company since it was established in 2005. ‘We want to not only enjoy the community that we live in, we want to do our part to enhance it in any way we can,’ says Kristin, leader at Bric.
“For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
The company and its representatives take very seriously, their responsibility at both an individual and corporate level, to give back to the city of Playa del Carmen as well as to the overwhelming amount of impoverished people living within the municipality of Solidaridad.
Whether helping through donations of used clothing and household goods, setting up collection points and providing sneakers or toys for kids, offering an apartment (rent free) for much needed English teachers at local schools, charity golf tournaments or supporting humanitarian organizations through monetary contributions, Bric Vacation Rentals is a dedicated sponsor and promoter of such philanthropic efforts.
Keeping Our Beaches Clean
The Bric Vacation Rentals staff gathered at the beach just down from our Playa del Carmen office to do our part to preserve the beauty of this magical region. The cleaning crew followed the shoreline from Calle 38 to Calle 2 and collected litter and debris that had been washed ashore.
Obviously, it is imperative to our business that the beaches are maintained and the marine life is protected. We want travelers who visit this amazing corner of the world to be able to enjoy the Mexican Caribbean’s incredible nature for years to come. However, environmental consciousness directly affects our own livelihood and wellbeing. We chose to live here because it is a heaven on earth and we want to keep it that way! We believe in and hope to promote the idea that if we consistently perform small acts, they will lead to a big environmental impact for all to benefit from.
Golf Tournament With A Purpose
- In October of 2015, the company held a 10th Anniversary golf tournament with proceeds from the ‘Buy a Mulligan’ and ‘Beat the Pro’ portions going to Keeping Kids In School. Over $16000 pesos was collected for this local organization, which provides backpacks and school supplies for disadvantaged children in nearby communities.
- Bric leaders requested donations for new sneakers for Kicks for Kids from clients and friends coming to Playa in 2015 from Canada and the US. The Bric Hotel was happy to act as a drop off point for the successful shoe collection.
- In recent years, Bric, in collaboration with participating vacation homeowners, has provided apartments for cardiologists flown in from the United States to perform pro-bono cardiac surgery for local children in Cancun and area.
- Each month, the company donates bags of dog food to local animal shelters.
- Rotary Playa del Carmen Seaside is another community support and development organization that Bric is honored to be involved with. Each year, the company sponsors a hole at the annual Rotary golf tournament.
- Bric also donates to Coco’s Animal Welfare in Playa del Carmen, which holds an annual silent auction and fundraiser to help provide funding for spay and neuter clinics, rescue centers for dogs and cats, as well as veterinary costs.
- In January of 2016, a caravan of Bric representatives drove one hour to the town of Juarez to deliver food, used clothing and new and used toys collected as part of a toy drive at the company’s main office.
For two hours, Bric staff played games of soccer, jump rope and ‘Lobo’ (the big bad wolf!). Later, the group was invited to the artisan workshop to view products made by the community of Mayan women, which included honey, shampoos, repellents, lip balm, herbal remedies and hammocks.
After perusing the shop, the staff enjoyed refreshments under the shade of the communal kitchen as the warm and friendly women prepared a spicy, turkey broth and fresh tortillas for their visitors.
Some of the men led the staff to a nearby lagoon where all were eager to have a turn in the kayaks. It was a memorable day thanks to our gracious and hospitable hosts!